Thursday, March 26, 2009

SQL, PHP or Cold Fusion - in Yahoo Small Business Hosting?

I have to program several dynamic pages with self updating databases for a car dealer whose web design I do. It%26#039;s for automatically updating both new and used inventories on a nightly basis. They are hosted on Yahoo Small Business and I%26#039;m wondering if anyone has a good idea as to which server technology I should use for it.
SQL, PHP or Cold Fusion - in Yahoo Small Business Hosting?
SQL is definitely a must since that is the language you use for querying/updating your database.





Regarding the programming language, I have used Cold Fusion and PHP. I prefer PHP. For one, it is totally free while Cold Fusion is not. Second, PHP is very very easy to learn and get stared using right away. Cold Fusion (it%26#039;s been a while) had a higher learning curve. You will also find a lot of Web resources available and you can go to any bookstore and find numerous books on PHP to get started.





Checkout http://www.php.net to get started with PHP.





Jeff


http://www.excellentiasoftware.com

1 comment:

  1. Your site gives you superior article content, each of them is comfortable with everybody at-least, I am at this site by accident,
    How awesome are you, sharing the book love?? You've got some great titles here,Website Hosting India

    ReplyDelete